Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fried Food & Fall

Fall is here. It's time to bust out the jeans (along with the deep lunges to actually make them fit!), wrap around your scarf and head out to a street fair. In the past few weeks, we have ventured to several street fairs in an attempt to pledge allegiance to the Texas State Fair that we are missing.

*Sidnote: Alyssa has never actually been to the State fair. Not normal Vest family, not normal.*

Moving on...

If you know anything about me, you know that I love a corndog with the best of them. There is just something about a normally fattening food item being dipped into a deep fryer that makes my heart melt. Unfortunately, corn dogs are a little bit more of a rarity in the Northeast which luckily limits my consumption. Oh AND, don't even get me started on the lack of regular mustard up here. Let's just say that I have been known to carry around small packets of non-spicy mustard in my purse - no shame people, no shame. Here are a few pics of us in all of our glory:

Whoa. We're excited...



Apartment 2D at our finest

4 comments:

  1. Oh.my.gosh. Alyssa, you have never been to the State Fair? Are you sure you're a Texan? Where else can you get a deep fried Snicker bar? I've never actually had that particular food item...sounds pretty gross. But the Corny dogs and fresh squeezed lemonade cannot be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know...I will note that we've never lacked in the area of fried foods though. I mean, who didn't love the funnel cakes at Six Flags?! (am I white trash?)

    Also, that's no joke about deep lunges in jeans...this kind of behavior has got to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record...I have been. One normal Vest anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well "mom and dad Vest" are getting old and we STILL have never been to a State fair. But now the West Texas Fair has made a LOT of money off of the Vest clan. Anyone that sells fried food has made a LOT of money off of the Vest clan.

    ReplyDelete