Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"I'm lovin' it!"

I hope that the title to this blog reminds you of those vintage McDonald's commercials where they played the "Have you had your break today?" theme song. You should know that I played the flute in the 5th grade and taught myself to play that little jingle. Yes, on the flute. For our final concert I decided that it would be a good idea to go up and play my final piece - my very own rendition of that jingle. It wasn't long enough to fill my concert time so I just played it again. Not once, but twice.

Normal, right?

What is even better is that this was during a very traumatic phase in my life that I had bangs and loved to wear my favorite denim dress with boots. Good Lord, the awkwardness.

Anyway, I'm not really sure where I'm going with that story other than the fact that I have a few goodies that I'm lovin' these days:

Bands:
The Temper Trap - I went to their Dallas concert last week and had a blast. Very rarely do I get into a band long enough to hold my attention, but they have managed to do so. Their most popular song, "Sweet Disposition," was featured on the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack and has grown from there. Their entire album is goodness - check it out.
The Kissaway Trail - I hate to jump on the wagon too quickly and promote their album, mainly because I don't even have their cd yet, but they opened for The Temper Trap last week and gave a great show. The song I most remembered was "Philadelphia."

I heart this shirt!

A few ideas:
  • my luggage (gotta love a good Steel Mag reference!)
  • Nutella
  • New York City
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Diet Coke
...see, now that's love.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I could ever love someone more than Nutella, New York City or Diet Coke. I guess if I meet someone, I'll know it's really true love! ;)

    ReplyDelete