Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saturday Scenes

The beginning:

One of my absolutely favorite joys in life is a Saturday morning matinee. This started in New York as a budget-friendly alternative to the $13 Friday night movie and has just evolved from there. No one wants to spend their weekend evenings in a dark theater, so this is the happy medium. After literal months of seeing the trailer for the overly-sappy Dear John trailer, I decided that I had to see what all the Channing Tatum fuss was about. I don't know if I was just in an overly-vulnerable state, or if I really just liked it, but I told about 6 different people that not only was it worth seeing, that I might have even liked it more than The Notebook.

Bold claim, I know. It was the heat of the moment, ok? Anyway, if you were one of the people that I convinced to see this, I hope you liked it. And if you didn't...well, there's always Step Up. (sorry, sem and Z)

The middle:

Wedding dress shopping with Lu! This was only my second experience on the wedding dress scene and I.loved.it. Nevermind that I walked in and squealed at just seeing her, but focus on the fact that she walked away with dress glory. That's right, she was able to pick from the multitudes of white taffeta and ivory tulle to find the single most important dress that she'll ever wear in her life - huge!
The end:

I rounded out my day with a friendly little dinner party that included (but was not limited to) steaks on the grill, Gruyere & Parmesan potatoes, vino, Nutella cupcakes, and a Sidecar cocktail or two. Alyssa may or may not have been caught mid-solo dance routine to M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" and I may or may not have spilled red wine down the entire front of my shirt. So, all in all, I'd say things were a success.

Here's to living for the weekends...

1 comment:

  1. I l.o.v.e. every little thing about this Saturday! (Except that I wasn't there :( )...
    1. I cried my eyes out throughout Dear John (and loved it). 2. SO excited for Lu - I bet she looked stunning! 3. Nutella, wine mishaps, and solo dances... yes.

    ReplyDelete