Friday, February 12, 2010

The White

I know I make bold claims about hating cold and wintry weather, but sometimes you just can't deny the magic behind a good snow. When it really snows in Texas (read: rarely/never) it's quite the scene. Usually schools close and kids run outside with their laundry baskets and have at it. Yesterday on my drive home I saw no less than 30 snowmen being created in our neighborhood. It's the perfect amount of wholesome, outdoorsy, family fun - who can dislike that?

Another part of snow that I forget is the silence. It peacefully pours down and spreads like nothingness until before you know it, you're surrounded. I think that more than anything, most people just sit back and marvel at the undisputed beauty. Wherever you are, I hope that you have enjoyed the peacefulness. I really think the Lord delights in it, shouldn't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment