Thursday, March 25, 2010

"I'm gonna kick, strech, annnnnnd kick!"

Did I tell you guys that I was on an adult Tuesday night co-ed kickball team? Yes, you read that right. Kickball...co-ed...adult. A little back history, our team formed at the end of last Summer in an attempt to join the ranks of the Dallas Social Sports softball league. Let's just say that our hopes of coming out on top were high and our crushed dreams were even higher by the end of that season. In an attempt to find our social sports niche, The Beers? (apparently it's a Flight of the Conchords reference, that's what you get when you let guys name your team) have gone through three different sports, spanning three different seasons to find our sweet spot. We finally found glory in a sport that we could all play with a little gusto, while simultaneously having fun.

And that, my friends, is kickball.

Believe me, I had my reservations. We have had our fair share of ups and downs this season, however, during Tuesday night's game I looked around and realized that everyone was really into it. And by really into it, I mean that two girls came out with grass burns, one guy on our team was not only challenging our referee (who he lovingly referred to as "Jeff Gordon") all the while the rest of us were engaging in heated amounts of trash talk between the other team. You could just feel the intensity. Blood was flowing, emotions ran high and we felt good. Now, before you guys think that I've taken a turn for the worse between March Madness and kickball playoffs I will assure you that everything is in balance (I think that the girls-only Saturday combo of red wine/New Moon helps with that). I am happy to report that we ended our season on Tuesday with a loss and a promise that we'll get 'em next time.

My friends, we've only just begun.

Here are two not-so-great pictures of our team on Tuesday night. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the 2010 co-ed third place team (out of four - ha!), The Beers?

1 comment:

  1. Third place - out of 4? That's like saying someone has a good personality when someone asks if they are cute. Maybe next year only 3 teams will play and you can come in 2nd. Remember, the glass is always half full!
    xoxo,

    ReplyDelete