Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My So Called Life

Sooo apparently being a finicky blogger is my M.O. I think that the promise of writing a Bachelor recap was a way for me to make myself be committed to this. However, a few things have happened in the past few weeks that have severely thrown me off my axis:

First, my office moved floors in our building. While this isn't earth-shattering, it has been quite the task. Luckily, my affinity for office supplies has come in handy as I have labeled everything in sight. I think I learned my lesson after packing all of my stuff my senior year of college only for my Dad to notice that I labeled my boxes, "random," "various," "bedroom accessories," "etcetera." Let me tell you, we didn't know what we were getting as we opened each of them. Oops.

Second, my iPhone was stolen. Well, I'll give the perpetrator the benefit of the doubt, my iPhone was found but never returned. Somehow in the excitement of Alyssa's birthday, my phone went missing. You would think that it would be impossible to lose something so important, especially since my clutch was the size of an envelope, but somehow I managed to do so. Thirty minutes after we left I noticed my error and scurried back to the restaurant, only to find that the phone had not been returned. I proceeded to call my number and quickly received my voicemail. I left my number with the hostess, but deep down I knew that it was a lost cause. The next morning I discovered that they had called my sister (aptly labeled "Sister" in my phone - brilliant) in the middle of the night and gave her a little bit of a scare. While completely mean, and a huge inconvenience, I have to say that things are going to be ok. In case you are wondering, no, I am not replacing it right now. A lost phone, and subsequent upgrade in service, were not in my February budget so I am going to hold off. Besides, I was able to move on with a little help from my college cell phone. I knew that it was a trusted source when my first call came through and the sweet sound of Justin Timberlake's "My Love" rang on cue. I have to tell you, there's a strange comfort in low-grade technology. Now if only I could figure out how to set up my voicemail.

Third, my close pal, college friend, and New York roomie decided that, she too, will be moving back to Texas! A far cry from the previous news, this is nothing short of exciting. You see, Alyssa and I have done it all in New York. We dreamed up the idea of being City girls while sharing a room at Marsteller only to pour over ideas the Summer before we left, we even managed to take the very same flight together. We have literally traveled this journey together and I can honestly say that it wouldn't have been the same without her. In fact, the other day I was cleaning out my inbox and came across several emails to each other that talked about plans that we had made before we were set to take off. They were so full of energy, excitement, and nervousness as we were about to embark on this new adventure together. I talked about getting my first suit, while Alyssa discussed the importance of her resume - we were girls on a mission. It seems so long ago, when really, I remember it like it was yesterday. I can honestly say that I have always known Alyssa to be fiercely loyal, incredibly wise and one of the funniest people I know, so it is safe to say that it was going to be hard to leave her. Through much prayer and inner conflict, she decided that her heart was leading her back to Texas. It's not that she wouldn't always love NY, in fact, she can now walk away with a restored appreciation knowing that it will always have a piece of her heart. As we finish out our last few weeks in the City together I will look back fondly at all of our wonderful memories and know that there is no other way I'd want to leave than with my close friend by my side.

Also, I have decided to give myself a free pass on the Bachelor recap this week. The Women Tell All is never my favorite moment from the season and Monday's episode was no exception. However, I thought that Chris was a little bit more feisty than usual...he really handed it to Natalie at one point. Deservedly so, that girl is terrible. Plus, that spoiler has really cramped my style. I mean, how is a girl supposed to act surprised in all of this? Oh well, I guess I'll just have to seek refuge in Tool Academy and Friday Night Lights to curb my Bachelor blues...

2 comments:

  1. aww friend...I just teared up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i freaking love you to death. and would like to put you on the right side of me and la's new "project"... would this be acceptable?

    ReplyDelete